I like lists. I make them in my head all the time, about anything at all. For a while now, I’ve been wanting to posts lists on the blog, and I’ve finally decided to do it. The lists will be posted on Saturdays, with a different topic each week. There will be two sets of six, with a total of twelve. Originally I had planned on doing on a Tuesday 12–but I simply couldn’t give up Top Off Tuesdays. Amanda kindly lent her brain power for a brainstorming session and thus, Saturday Sixes were born.
Six small things that irritate the $%@! out of me:
- There’s no spell check on post headers. It’s where I need it most!
- Inevitably, five minutes after my nail polish dries completely, a chip appears.
- The tiny little whisps of hair that curl around my ears and collect sweat during my workout.
- That Masterpiece Theatre continues to adapt Jane Austen’s novels to the screen (don’t get me wrong, I love JA), and don’t bother looking for other awesome period authors.
- That they made Twilight-esque covers for Pride & Prejudice, Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet.
Six small things that make me ridiculously happy:
- Correctly guessing the number of Priuses I will see on the drive from my house to the gym.
- Realizing that the dream I had about losing my teeth was, in fact, a dream.
- Finding an old gift card that means I get $1.09 off that book I wanted to buy.
- Finding peonies at Trader Joe’s! We so rarely get them.
- Actually using the special, lined Post-Its I bought thinking they’d be so useful.
- The free toothbrush, floss and mini toothpaste tube the hygienist gives me at the end of my biannual cleaning.
And you? What are the small things that affect you?
Leave a Comment