Sorry the 2nd Weekly Reporter is so late! I had internet problems late last night and this morning. However, I’m posting this with blanks so you guys can leave comments. I’ll be updating the post all day. See you around!
About the RRWR:
One of the things that I have major issues with as a blogger is…well, lots of things. However, today I’m focusing on one constant source of frustration for me: self-promotion. There are lots of problems associated with self-promotion, but the primary one is: When and where is it okay?
That question was, essentially, the catalyst for my newest feature. I wanted to create a place for people to promote their blogs without fear or shame.
- Did you write a discussion post this week and you need some help getting the ball rolling? This is the place to tell people about it!
- Maybe you’re having a giveaway? Link to it in the comments section!
- Have a review that needs a little love? Let us know so we can take a look!
- Need an associate reviewer? Get the word out in the Weekly Reporter!
Here are the rules (because, what would a feature be without rules?):
- If you have something you want to link up, please leave a comment with the link. I will then add the link to the post.
- Please state the name of your blog so I can attribute your link.
- If you’re linking up to a giveaway, please tell where the contest is open (US only, international, etc.) and the date it ends.
- If you’re linking up to an event (like the Historical Fantasy Jubilee), include the name, date, and host(s) of the event.
- If you’re asking for help (like an associate reviewer or guest posters for a special event), please leave a link stating where and with whom respondents should get in contact.
I’ve gathered a few odds and ends so the post wouldn’t look too empty. However, I’m hoping all of you will be able to help me flesh it out!
- Sara @ Just Another Story is having a giveaway of an ARC of Fever by Lauren DeStefano–don’t forget to read her review as well!
Book Blogging Events:
- There’s a virtual book club starting up over at The Flashlight Reader–head on over and vote for the first month’s selection!
- Let’s Get Steamy–Unabridged Andra’s Steampunk event–began! (Click button below.)
- None yet
Other Good Posts:
- Charles Wendig wrote about why he hopes you don’t pirate his book.
- Angela from Angela’s Anxious Life has a review of How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You by The Oatmeal. If you’re a cat owner, you know you’ve been waiting for a manual like this to come along. Admit it! I especially like:
What’s happening on your blog?
Leave a Comment