California! The Golden State. Home to much awesomeness (such as moi) and plenty of controversy (me again). I don’t think of myself as being particularly California-proud, but when Hafsah and Britta announced the Reading Road Trip, I jumped in and snagged my home state. And, in case you aren’t familiar with California’s exact location, I indicated it below, with a shiny, blinky star.
I noticed that some people were including some interested facts about their home states, but I thought I’d do something a little more personal. Here are a few of the things I like about living here (I live in Southern California, btw, which is pretty different from Northern California):
- You can get fresh produce year-round.
- The beach.
- You can be outside year-round.
- Spectacular mountain range.
- Tangerines, navel oranges, avocados and pomelos.
- My family lives here. Well, a lot of it, anyway.
There’s probably other stuff, but I can’t remember any of it right now. Okay, on to the giveaway:
One lucky winner will win their choice of the following California-based books:
- You must be thirteen or older to enter.
- Open to US residents only. I’ll be ordering the book from Amazon, guys!
- The contest will run from July 27 to August 3.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email. After that, I will choose a new winner.
- To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below:
Now go forth, everyone, and don’t forget to pop in an audiobook for the long drive around the country.
Leave a Comment