The way the debates will work is:
- A topic will be chosen.
- Two (or more, depending) bloggers will choose a side to defend.
- Each debate will have four volleys (or more, depending): Side A will start the argument, Side B will rebut, then Side A will go again…you get the picture. (This format is open to changes, if both arguing sides agree.)
- These volleys will occur over email, and be posted on my blog on the second Thursday of every month. If–and this is a very big if–I have a lot of bloggers interested in debating lots of issues, I’ll post two debates a month–on the second and fourth Thursdays.
Here is the list of sample topics I’ve put together. These are just potential topics–if you have a suggestion for something you’d like to see debated, please feel free to let me know:
- WordPress v. Blogger
- Should Bloggers Respond to Comments Left on Their Blogs?
- #NakedWerewolves v. #NakedVampires
- Third Person POV v. First Person POV
- Rich Playboys v. Bad Boys from the Wrong Side of the Tracks
- Kindle v. Nook
- Advertising on Blogs–Yea or Nay?
- Kick Ass Heroine v. Ordinary Girl Steps Up
- Paranormal Romance v. Urban Fantasy
- Best Friends v. Enemies Romances
- Ebooks v. Physical Books
- Goodreads v. LibraryThing v. Shelfari
- Love Triangles
- Contemporary v. Paranormal
- Remixes v. Originals
Again, this is just a list of potential topics–things that I know I’d enjoy/be interested in hearing an honest debate about. If you have a burning desire to see two bloggers go head to head over The Hunger Games v. Battle Royale, please let me know and I’ll do my best to make it happen!
Leave a Comment