There are a couple of features that I either participate in regularly or that I’ve created in order to diversify what goes on here at Ruby’s Reads. If you’re curious, you can find out more about them here, but it’s always a good idea to visit the posts themselves.
I hold three every year: one for Spring, Summer and Fall.
A monthly meme wherein I post the books I have available for swap and invite others to do the same. Saturday Swaps happen on the first Saturday of every month. Click on the button to see all Saturday Swap posts.
It’s here! Announcing the debate feature you never knew you wanted! Think of it as a discussion post with two dimensions.
- A topic will be chosen.
- Two (or more, depending) bloggers will choose a side to defend.
- Each debate will have four volleys (or more, depending): Side A will
start the argument, Side B will rebut, then Side A will go again…you
get the picture. (This format is open to changes, if both arguing sides agree.)
- These volleys will occur over email, and be posted on my blog on the
second Thursday of every month. If–and this is a very big if–I have a
lot of bloggers interested in debating lots of issues, I’ll post two
debates a month–on the second and fourth Thursdays.
Time to Think is my version of the Discussion post. It’s when I want to explore a book-related topic in greater depth. The discussions are always open-ended. You can join in anytime!
- Happy Endings
- The Inescapable Allure of… (Book topics that always drag you in)
- Bookstores That Rock
- Negative Reviews
- Thirteen Reasons by Jay Asher
- Slow Burn Romances
- Book Browsing (Or, the Death of the Bookstore?)
- Books v. Video Games (by Amanda at On a Book Bender)
- If You Tell Me You Don’t Like Historical Fantasy…
- So, What About Steampunk? Is it Historical Fantasy or Science Fiction?
- Bragging Rights–An Impromptu Discussion Post About ARCs
- When You’re the Only One (Who Doesn’t Like the Book)
- They Call Me Jace Wayland (Or, What’s in a Name?)
I like lists. I make them in my head all the time, about anything at all. For a while now, I’ve been wanting to posts lists on the blog, and I’ve finally decided to do it. The lists will be posted on Saturdays, with a different topic each week. There will be two sets of six, with a total of twelve. Originally I had planned on doing on a Tuesday 12–but I simply couldn’t give up Top Off Tuesdays. Amanda kindly lent her brain power for a brainstorming session and thus, Saturday Sixes were born.
Not currently happening.
Bibliographies are posts where bloggers share their life stories in books. Want to share yours? Sign up using this form. Curious about past Bibliobiographies? Here’s the list so far:
Leave a Comment