On the heels of last week’s discussion on Blogging Resolutions, I decided to turn my focus on my Reading Resolutions for the new year. I don’t have many because I’m not very good at resolutions in general. Or setting goals. Or reading challenges. I’ve decided to keep it simple so I might actually be able to achieve them this year.
I know you guys are biting your nails in anticipation and hugging the edge of your seats, so here goes:
- Goal: Read one nonfiction book. If I do this, it will be a one hundred percent improvement on 2012!
- Goal: Read one classic. I have not decided which one, but I’m leaning in the direction of Wuthering Heights. I’ve been avoiding it because, well, I didn’t like Jane Eyre. I know I shouldn’t judge one Bronte sister because of another but, well.too late.
- Goal: Read a minimum of 52 books per year. So, approximately a book a week.
- Goal: To actually keep track of the books that I read via Goodreads.
- Goal: Participate in a book club, either online or in real life. I’ve got a line one of each!
That’s it! I told you I was keeping it simple.
What are your New Year’s reading resolutions?
Leave a Comment