Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and Amanda @ On a Book Bender shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week. Amanda and Tara have kindly allowed us to hang on to their coattails and participate in Clock Rewinders.
Ruby’s Reads Recap:
- Book Review: Transcendence by CJ Ormolulu: Reincarnated love isn’t all that, actually.
- Top Off Tuesday: A Man and His Baking Helmet
- Bookish Bundles: Teen Thrillers
- Ruby’s Reads Debate Team: Should Bloggers Respond to Comments? with @sprntrlsnark and @loganturner.
- Joint Review with @BookBender: Devil’s Gate by Thea Harrison: Sexin’, snakes, Seremela, shuddering, spider wyrs, and smokin’ chemistry.
Ruby’s Reads News:
- Last Sunday, I tweeted an open call for WP.org advice, and both @BookBender and @Jaediasrantpage answered with some great advice. Hannah directed me to a post about SEO on Mission to Read, and Amanda walked me through adding SEO to my blog posts via the Yoast plugin. Thanks to both!
- I need some more volunteers for upcoming Ruby’s Reads debates. Let me know if you would be interested in debating in September or later. Topics are flexible and open.
Around the blogosphere:
- Lisa Burstein (Pretty Amy) wrote a love letter to bloggers. It was a welcome relief after last week’s #ARCGate brouhaha.
- Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers, Shifters series, and Blood Bound) wrote a step-by-step guide to understanding book piracy. She wants you to read it even if you already think you know what it is.
- Shelf Awareness had a link to an article on “Nurturing Your Jane Austen Obsession.” It has a big list of Jane Austen things to purchase, some cool and some silly.
- Unfortunately, the same article linked to this one: “How Kim Kardashian is Like a Modern Day Jane Austen Heroine,” which is just BLASPHEMIC, OFFENSIVE AND UTTERLY WRONG. I might have made up the word “blasphemic.” I’m not sure.
- Scholastic’s On Our Minds blog is starting a series of posts called “Bookstore Tourists.” The first one is about Bunch of Grapes on Martha’s Vineyard. Here’s hoping for some other new discoveries.
- Ilona Andrews wrote a guest post on Thea Harrison’s blog about Wallpaper Historicals. THERE’S ALSO A GUNMETAL MAGIC GIVEAWAY!
- The eternally awesome Stacia Kane doesn’t need you to avenge her.
- time travel book a man wish on a shooting star for love and he get it but she from the future and the fairy that brought her are taking her back–Um…
- ultramatic vibratory tumbler–I’m both confused about what this is…and not.
- From gratis sex date: Nice blog over here! I’ll just wanna thank you for that. If you like to visit my website cherk out: sexdate thanks for visiting!–Um, yeah, so I didn’t “cherk” out your website. Sorry about that.
Books, I listen to them:
Leave a Comment