If you can believe it (and even if you can’t), it’s been two years since Ruby’s Reads was born. It had two earlier incarnations (that shall remain unnamed), and this was the one that stuck. I can hardly believe I’ve kept at it that long. Apparently I have greater stamina than even I knew. I know you guys are all, “GET TO THE GIVEAWAY ALREADY,” but this is my blog, and it’s my right to indulge in a little nostalgia. So, here are a few Ruby’s Reads factoids:
- I began my blog on WordPress.com. Then I switched to Blogger because I wanted Google Friend Connect. Still later, I moved to WordPress.org so I could have threaded comments with reply notification.
- The first book I ever reviewed was Dark Need by Lynn Viehl.
- The first ARC I ever received was Matched by Ally Condie. I won it from LibraryThing and I was so excited that I blogged about it.
- My first comment was left by someone named Tana, and it was on my Dark Need review.
- My first giveaway was a copy of Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole.
- My first big, planned event was Private School Paranormals Week, featuring Jennifer Estep, Alyxandra Harvey, Lani Woodland, Kristi Cook, Nancy Holder, Lee Nichols and Kate Kaynak.
- On December 5, 2010, I participated in Busting the Newbie Blues and met the fantabulous Small Review!
- I had a whale of time discussing ridiculous book titles on Supernatural Snark.
- I also hosted Rural Fantasy Week and co-hosted the Historical Fantasy Jubilee with Small.
- I interviewed Nalini Singh!
- I started the Ruby’s Reads Book Exchanges and Saturday Swap.
I could go on…but that would be realllllly boring. Instead, I want to move on to some important thank yous:
- First, and foremost, I’m grateful to those of you who have been faithful followers, frequent commentators and joyous blogging buddies.
- More specifically, I have to thank my fellow princess, the loveable Small Review, for being more than just a blogging buddy. *hugs you tight*
- Thanks to Jenny from Supernatural Snark, who has answered my every email, no matter how incoherent.
- Thanks to Logan for always coming back.
- Thanks to Amber at Down the Rabbit Hole for her advice on how to plan my first event. It was probably so long ago she’s forgotten she did it.
- Thanks to all the publishers, publicists and authors who have been willing to work with me, and support my blog. Special shout-outs to Erin and Esther. Not that I imagine they have the time to read this.
Now, on to the giveaway!
See these books? Yes, I’m aware the image is shoddy. I took it with my phone, which is the only camera I have. Below the picture, I’ve kindly listed the books pictured.
- Burn for Burn
- Eternally Yours
- The Immortal Rules
- The Innocents
- Pushing the Limits
- The Dark Unwinding
- Confessions of a Murder Suspect
- Princess Academy: Palace of Stone
- The Darkest Minds
- Black City
- Flesh and Bone
- Innocent Darkness
- Sweet Shadows
- The City’s Son
All of these books are part of the giveaway. Here’s how:
There are 20 books total. I will pick five winners. The first winner will have first choice of four books. The second winner will have second, the third, third, the fourth, fourth and the fifth, fifth choice. It’s a giveaway bonanza, and I’m hoping you’ll win! Here are the rules:
- To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below. Can’t see it? Click here.
- US only, because I’ll be shipping these books myself.
- The contest ends October 6.
- The winners (5) will be contacted via email and will have 72 hours to respond before I pick a new winner (or winners).
- This isn’t a subscriber giveaway, but I’d love it if you’d subscribe via RSS feed anyway.
- There are extra points for:
- Subscribing via email (see the sidebar).
- Grabbing the giveaway button.
- Tweeting about the giveaway.
- Following me on Twitter.
- Something else. Just read the form.
That’s it! Thanks for a great year, everyone! And here’s hoping the next will be just as fawesome!
Leave a Comment